RSmarket

speed to see how were doing.

in RS Traders Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:14 am
by wxy1123 • Superman | 565 Posts | 5650 Points

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Kyle Blanks homered in his home debut at the Coliseum and Derek Norris capped Oaklands five-homer day with a grand slam and the Athletics snapped a season-long four-game losing streak with a 10-0 win over the Detroit Tigers on Monday. Brandon Moss and Josh Donaldson each hit their 12th home run and Yoenis Cespedes also went deep for the As, who broke out of their recent slump by getting homers from five players for the first time since 2009. That backed another strong start from Tommy Milone (3-3), who allowed four hits in 6 2-3 scoreless innings to improve to 3-0 with a 1.03 ERA in his past four starts. The As got four solo homers against Drew Smyly to win the first meeting of the season against the team that eliminated them in Game 5 of the division series the past two postseasons. Oakland returned home mired in its worst skid of the season, having scored seven runs in the four losses to Tampa Bay and Toronto. That led to a pregame message on the clubhouse white board imploring the team to take the "slow torture" approach of grinding out at-bats rather than the "instant kill" of a home run that ends a rally rather than starts one. The As broke out of their slump without following that advice as they got homers from five players for the first time since Jack Cust, Kurt Suzuki, Mark Ellis, Daric Barton and Cliff Pennington did it Sept. 11, 2009, at Minnesota. After squandering a prime scoring chance in the first inning when Oakland put runners on first and third with no outs, the As got to Smyly with the longball. Moss got it started with a drive that hit off the glove of a leaping Austin Jackson and went over the centre-field fence in the second inning. Two batters later, Blanks hit a no-doubt shot to left-centre for his first home run since being acquired before the start of the teams recent nine-game road trip. Oakland wasnt done, getting back-to-back shots from Donaldson and Cespedes in the third inning to take a 4-0 lead to the delight of the third sellout crowd of the season at the Coliseum. Coco Crisp added a sacrifice fly and Donaldson hit an RBI single in the fourth inning to make it 6-0. Norris hit his first career grand slam in the eighth off Phil Coke in a rally helped by a catchers interference against Bryan Holaday and an error by third baseman Nick Castellanos. NOTES: Oakland is 20-3 when scoring first. ... Smyly was the first Tigers pitcher to allow four homers in a game since Max Scherzer did it in a 10-7 win over the Yankees on April 3, 2011. ... Miguel Cabrera started at 1B for the Tigers a day after leaving early with a right hamstring cramp. 2B Ian Kinsler got the day off. ... Scherzer (6-1) starts for Detroit on Tuesday against Sonny Gray (5-1) in a matchup of two of the top starters in baseball. Larry Fitzgerald Jersey . 2 Ohio State to a 64-35 drubbing of Texas-Pan American on Saturday. Buckeyes sophomore forward Jared Sullinger missed the game with back spasms, but that didnt stop Ohio State (8-0), as Deshaun Thomas dropped 11 points to go with five rebounds, while Scott Shannon and Jordan Sibert contributed seven points apiece. Jerraud Powers .J. -- After getting permission from his 7-year-old daughter, New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl has retired after an 11-year career that included two Super Bowl championships. http://www.shopcardinalsjerseys.com/wome...ls-jersey-sale/. Victoria now has a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series for Canadas senior indoor lacrosse championship. Jeff Shattler had a pair of goals and four assists for the Shamrocks, while Scott Ranger, Karsen Leung and Mitch Jones chipped in as well. Patrick Peterson Jersey . The pitchers agent, Bob Garber, confirmed the decision and said Oswalt would go to work for his agency, RMG Baseball. Oswalt will be vice-president of baseball operations. Antonio Cromartie Cardinals Jersey . Gretzky was asked if he believes Montreal Canadiens defenceman PK Subban should be on Canadas blueline in February at the Sochi Olympics. "Im not going to get in the middle of that controversy because Stevie Yzerman obviously knows what hes doing, he won a gold medal in 2010," said Gretzky.TORONTO Brett Lawries impending return from hamstring tightness creates a problem a good problem for manager John Gibbons. That is, how does he keep the red hot bat of Juan Francisco in the lineup when first base is taken by Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind is back as the designated hitter? "Maybe Francisco can play second," joked Gibbons. In all seriousness, Francisco has been a revelation for the ballclub since signing a minor league deal on April 2 and arriving in Cleveland to meet his new Blue Jays teammates on April 20. Coming off an 18-home run season split between Atlanta and Milwaukee last year, Franciscos already hit five in 61 at-bats for Toronto. He doesnt get cheated, either, having deposited one in the fourth deck of Rogers Centre, just above Paul Beestons name on the Blue Jays Level of Excellence. Franciscos slash line of .311/.403/.623 (1.026 OPS) is well above his career .248/.308/.447 (.755 OPS) but even if his history suggests his numbers will regress the longer he plays, until it happens, Francisco needs to stay in the lineup. "Right now were looking at everything," said manager John Gibbons. "While hes hot weve got to find a way to keep him in there somehow." The obvious play is to move Brett Lawrie to second base. It doesnt have to be permanent. Lawrie, should the decision be made, hopes its only temporary. "Im going to do it because its for the team but Im not necessarily amazed about it," said Lawrie. "Im a third baseman. Its where I play. Its what Ive been doing. Its what I did to work to get here. Obviously Francisco is swinging a hot bat but were going to have to find another way to get him in the lineup, who knows, but if I do get put at second base thats how it goes. Ill just do it for my team.dddddddddddd" Look at this hypothetical starting lineup with Francisco at third base and Lawrie at second base: Reyes SSCabrera LFBautista RFEncarnacion 1BFrancisco 3BNavarro CLind DHLawrie 3BRasmus CF One through nine, wheres the easy out? The Blue Jays would be giving something up defensively with the realignment but Francisco has proven to be more adept at third base in Lawries absence than expected. "Ive been very impressed," said Gibbons. "I think that was his rap. His defence was the reason he never really established himself but we havent seen it. Of course hes not Lawrie down there but how many guys are?" Dont count on Saturday being Lawries return date. He took ground balls on Friday afternoon and participated in batting practice for a second consecutive day. Its part of the process of ramping up the effort level, testing his sore right hamstring. "Ive still got to do some other stuff baseball-wise," said Lawrie. "Ive still got to get up to relatively full speed to see how were doing. Ran on the treadmill today at a little bit higher pace so feeling a little bit better." Lawries willing to be a team guy. He also wants the appropriate recognition for his gold glove caliber play at the hot corner. "Im a third baseman," said Lawrie. "I worked my butt off to get where Im at. Im not saying its not going to help the team. Im here to do what it is to help the team but I worked my butt off to be that good at third base and continue to do what Im doing. I work everyday over there. Still continuing to get my work in and second base, it is what it is, man, its not what Im here to do. I worked my butt off to do what I do out there." cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Please sign up :)
Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.:
sunnyrose, sooo

We welcome our newest member: selly wijaya
Board Statistics
The forum has 51422 topics and 68758 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen