RSmarket

of the World Boxing Council,

in RS Sellers Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:43 am
by wxy1123 • Superman | 565 Posts | 5650 Points

EASTBOURNE, England -- Victoria Azarenka was reasonably satisfied after losing her first match in more than three months, a three-setter in the first round of the Aegon Championships on Tuesday. Azarenka, the former No. 1 recovered from a left foot injury, lost 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 to Camila Giorgi of Italy after 2 hours, 46 minutes. "Thats exactly what I wanted," Azarenka said. "I wanted to have a competitive match. I wanted to test myself, to play for a long time, see how my body is going to react. "Im pretty pleased with what happened. Obviously the result is the result, but thats a beginning. Its a starting point. There are a lot of positive things that I can take from what happened today." Third seed Jelena Jankovic of Serbia was also beaten, going down 6-3, 6-3 against American Madison Keys, and second seed Petra Kvitova also struggled before beating fellow Czech Lucie Safarova 6-1, 5-7, 7-6 (4), winning the last five points to claim victory on her third match point. Giorgi had previously demonstrated her grass-court skills by reaching the fourth round at Wimbledon as a qualifier in 2012, and she was a third-round finisher last year. Azarenka won the first set from 4-2 down. Giorgi took a 5-0 lead in the second, saving five break points at 4-0. In the final set, Giorgi failed to serve out the match at 5-4, but broke again at 6-5 when Azarenka netted a backhand, and closed out the match at her second opportunity. Despite her defeat, Azarenka believed she was almost ready to compete again at the highest level. "I was really happy that I was there for every single moment, for every single ball," she said. "I felt that my level of concentration was really high. I just have to get into that rhythm." In other matches, former champion Ekaterina Makarova defeated Italian qualifier Francesca Schiavone 7-5, 6-3, and seventh-seeded Italian Sara Errani was beaten 7-6 (5), 6-2 by American qualifier Lauren Davis. There were also wins for sixth seed Flavia Pennetta, Slovak Daniela Hantuchova, Britains Johanna Konta and American Varvara Lepchenko. In the ATP event, seventh seed Santiago Giraldo of Colombia was beaten 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3 by Jarkko Nieminen of Finland. jerseys from china . The Astros took two of three after losing 15 straight series to the Rangers. Houston overcame a four-run deficit to win. Dexter Fowler singled with one out in the ninth, Jason Castro drew a walk and Dominguez hit a long fly ball off Nick Martinez (0-1). cheap jerseys . Another is a bunch of groundballs. Finally, theres a game that lasts two hours six minutes. Pavano kept up his recent surge with an efficient six-hitter for the Twins in a 4-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night. http://www.reallycheapnfljerseys.com/. Wedge will manage the final three games of this season against Oakland before the Mariners begin a search for a new manager. "Its got to the point where its painfully obvious to me that I just wasnt going to be able to move forward with this organization," Wedge said before Fridays game. wholesale nfl jerseys . Mark Bloom (@markbloom21), on Twitter That one sentence sums it up, while at the same time, leaving so much out. wholesale jerseys .C. -- Al Jefferson thinks hes finally figured out the NBA game.MEXICO CITY -- Mauricio Sulaiman has been elected president of the World Boxing Council, replacing his father who died last month. Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Jose Sulaiman, who died last month at 82, was the long-time head of the WBBC.dddddddddddd He managed to institute new rules and regulations regarding boxers safety and welfare and was considered a friend of his fighters. In a statement, Sulaiman said: "The World Boxing Council will not be the same because Jose Sulaiman is gone, but the WBC has its core and we want to work to follow in the footsteps of my father." cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Please sign up :)
Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: BillieGraib
Board Statistics
The forum has 32035 topics and 38021 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen